Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Last Day in CA and Drive back to AZ!

Last day in CA! (pics of blessing and with Karen)

My last day in California was special! Karen and I went to her friend Ilana’s ward for her baby’s blessing. It was such a great day! Ilana is super sweet and I’m so happy for her and her little family! They are so blessed and so happy!

Later that evening we went to another get together, so I was able to meet a lady from Karen’s ward…it was kind of a senior gathering… we were by far the youngest ones there. But they were all nice and we laughed a lot.

I couldn’t believe my time was up!

I love California, especially San Francisco and the Bay Area!! In addition to seeing Karen I got to see some new places I didn’t see during my last trip to CA. I loved it and wish I could have stayed longer.

Day 1 of trip back home: pit stop in AZ

On my way back home I drive south through CA. It was kind of boring… but neat to see some of the scenery…farms, hills, mountains, etc... However, the state is entirely tooooo big and long so it took forever! Luckily I didn’t get in bad traffic around LA though.

It was raining some which is never fun for a trip! Not to mention it’s gloomy and I was hoping for some sun! Oh, and also that morning before I left I realized that my windshield was cracked! Ahh!! Just my luck! Later I called and of course my insurance doesn’t cover it. It’s been over a month though… and while it has gotten bigger since I’ve been home, I’m just going to keep driving with it until I absolutely have to get it replaced!

Also, at this point I still had NO RADIO b/c of the whole battery issue. So I was having to listen to my ipod which means my ears were really hurting after 12 hours of driving… okay I wasn’t listening to music the whole time, but at least a good amount. I know you’re really not supposed to have headphones in while driving, but I would have gone crazy being in a silent car for that long!!!

I drove through some areas where I saw signs to places where a few friends served their missions, so that was cool. Then I went through this section, probably about 5 miles long, of nothing but windmills!! It was a neat sight to see!!!

I finally made it to my aunt Lora’s house in AZ around 10 or so that night!! I was dead tired! Of course they wanted to hear all about my trip and things I had done, etc… It was good to spend an extra day with them. I stayed two nights with them before heading back to GA. Sadly we were all kind of sick the day I was there which wasn’t fun. I love them though and hope it’s not forever before I see them again!! Sadly since we were sick we STILL didn’t get to take pictures!!! :)

**I'll post pictures of this later!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment