Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 3: Outrunning storms and tornadoes!

The few days or week before I left there had been a lot of storms and tornadoes in Oklahoma and Arkansas....the exact states I would be driving through on my way home! When I left NM Thursday morning I checked the weather once again just to make sure what was going on. There were still watches and warnings, so I decided that once I got to Amarillo I would go south and get back on I-20...

Well, sure enough I should have stopped once I got to Amarillo to check the weather... I thought there would be a place to use the internet when I got off the interstate, but there wasn't. So, I just kept driving. About and hour and a half or two hours later I did stop.... rested a while, and checked the weather. Insanely enough, there were no longer tornado and thunderstorm warnings in OK and AR, but in Texas, in the very part I was heading to!!! Oh my gosh!!! I couldn't believe it!!! So, I rerouted back up to Oklahoma and Arkansas. It was about 70 miles out of my way total, but I'm at least glad I was able to go through OK and AR after all! I got to ride through the country a good bit and saw pretty shades of green and yellow and abandoned towns. I think I even saw a Buffalo, but I went by so fast before I realized what it was.

And, to top it off, I didn't even see a drop of rain the WHOLE DAY! Just the beautiful sun :)

I ended up staying in a place east of Little Rock. Can't lie, I was a little nervous about a crazy tornado hitting during the night, but not a thing happened! Glad to say I survived that part of my trip! Like always, it's an adventure! :)

**will add pictures later**

No comments:

Post a Comment