Friday, June 4, 2010

"I left my home in Georgia, Headed for the 'Frisco Bay"

Well, I finally made it to the Golden Gate (my blog's subtitle)!! My aunt's house has the greatest view of the city as well as the Golden Gate Bridge. It's beautiful!! Here are some pics from her patio:




I love California and really wish I could have stayed there longer. There is so much to see and do. I was so tired from my drive though that I rested most of my first day there. Now I wish I had just gone to sight see anyway. Karen lives in a neat little area... the streets are all up and down like a roller coaster... we went for a walk around her neighborhood, and the houses are so nice... the trees and flowers were also soooo pretty!! And of course the view!







Funny looking metal dinosaur in the neighborhood!

These are various pictures of the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge. I just loved them all so had to post them!






Then I went in to San Francisco... rode on BART which was a fun and interesting experience. I don't really know my way around so I had to guess and look at maps, but it all worked out. I went to the SF Ferry Building and walked around... then walked along the Embarcadero and saw all of the piers... finally ending up at Pier 39. Looked around there, saw the sea lions..... went down to Fisherman's Wharf. It was fun!! Lots of people out walking, roller blading, riding bikes, running, etc. And I love to people watch!! I saw some interesting folks and took lots of pics!! I had a good time.



I love the colors on this cable car!

Pier 39!

Love this fruit stand!

there are all sorts of shops, restaurants, and fun things to do!


view of Alcatraz


they were so cute!


good sourdough bread!

that's too bad!

thought this was cute

this was creepy... I think a man was inside and it was glaring at me! the funny thing is there was a radio next to it with loud Latin music playing, haha.

this man had these limbs/leaves that kind of looked like a bush. he sat behind there and would start to shake it and the jump out and scare people as they walked by. It was hilarious!

this guy had his dog riding on the bars of the bike! I couldn't get a very good picture, but I was impressed.

so when I first walked by this man was talking on his phone and seemed upset b/c he was cussing every other word... well when I walked back by him later he was still going at it... just louder and even more profane. It was kind of funny but sad... something not all right there!


After my long walk I met up with Karen and her friend Manny. We went to eat at:


The pizza was so good!


(I didn't mean for that to be so big but I couldn't figure out how to change it). I got to see more of the city... Little Italy and Chinatown areas. I love seeing all of that!






It's definitely a neat city and I can't wait to go back and spend more time there!!

We also spent a little bit of time in Berkeley and ate at some great restaurants!! I love me some good food! The neat thing about a lot of these restaurants is that they all use organic and locally grown food... and it's healthy and all. So that made me want to start eating better and get to exercising. It was fun!!! Here are the places we went:

good food!


Bette's Oceanview Diner


this place was amazing!! :) :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your random pictures: guy cussing, bike on dog, skeleton man, shaking tree man, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, thanks! yes, those were some of the highlights of my walk!!

    ReplyDelete