Monday, May 24, 2010

Weddings and Receptions=Reunions!

While I was in Utah I got to go to my friend Heidi's second reception which meant seeing more wonderful people I hadn't seen in a while!!! I got to see a few more of the sisters I served with, as well as two of the senior couples (Alders and Woodheads) and the Childs, our VC director and his wife. It was wonderful!!! I love them all so much. Living out in GA I never get to go to any of the mission related festivities, so this was one of the reasons I was so eager to go to UT!

Here are some pics of that night:

some of us sisters with the Alders, Childs, and Woodheads!

John, Kristin, and Kim

All of us with the newlyweds! :)

Sister Wardell... now Pande! We were roommates for a few transfers, love her!

Love Mandi Rogers! Such a patient and loving companion!

I was also able to go to the sealing (wedding) of Katie Hamblin, another sister I served with. It was beautiful! However, getting there was a challenge.

It was the morning after my car was towed.... and I was running late and waiting to get a ride to go pick up my car. Thank goodness one of my old companions and great friend, Amy Flood, came to the rescue and took me to get Maisie. Well, when we got to the towing place the sign said: open M-F 8-5pm.!!! It was Saturday!!! and they had my Car!!!!!! Needless to say I was freaking out!!!! b/c it was already close to or after 11am, I was in Provo, and needed to get to Draper by the 12pm wedding!!!! (technically I was supposed to be there at 11:30). And then I thought that my poor car was locked up for the whole weekend. I was almost in tears and about ready to scream!! I looked in the window but it was tinted and I couldn't see at all. Then I was kind of yelling, probably saying something rude, and knocked on the door... the next thing I knew a man opened it up! Whew!! what a relief. He was on the phone so hopefully didn't hear me complaining and griping about them being closed and also the fact that they towed me!!!

Well, I tried to give him the whole run down as to why my car was in the parking spot, why we hadn't been able to put my name on the list etc... but he didn't care, I still had to pay! boo. I was really annoyed with myself for letting all of this happen and having to pay a lot of money (money that I didn't have to spend!) in order to get my car back. But, what was done was done. It is what it is. And so I was on my way, racing to get to the temple in time!!! Thank goodness for my GPS (who has since been named Sallie, thanks to my aunt Karen).

I was having such a bad morning but knew that I needed to get out of that bad mood before going to the temple. Well, of course once I got there I felt at peace, and I was so happy to be there and not miss the sealing. It was BEAUTIFUL! and it really helped me think about the eternal nature of our lives, the whole purpose of being here, and the blessings that come from the gospel and temple. How grateful I am for this knowledge!

Katie and Weston :)

And, for the fact that these two young, beautiful people were not only being married for this life, but they were being SEALED for time and ALL ETERNITY! Not to end at death, but to continue forever into the eternities! That is what makes it so worth it! That's what makes a temple marriage different. THAT is what we should have as our ultimate goal.


Why would we want anything short of an ETERNAL marriage and family? And it is all made possible through the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ and the restoration of His gospel. In addition to personal salvation, eternal life with our family is the greatest gift Heavenly Father has in store for us! These should be our greatest aspirations!



Afterwards, waiting outside of the temple I was able to visit with more old mission friends! It was great :)

Sis Troxel and me

with VC sisters

with her real sisters.. I love this one!

That night I rode with Amy to the reception... it was packed!! Lots of people and good desserts. It was nice to see more mission people that I haven't seen in a while. Sisters, elders, and senior couples etc...

cute cake

with Amy and her beautiful new haircut!

Jon and Mindy


the Ellsworths

Jenny Paulson, always so beautiful!

Jessica Curtis, she cracks me up!

love them!

Audrey and Gustavo

lovely ladies!

This trip reminded me over and over again of the blessing it was to serve a mission. Not only did I grow spiritually and work with and teach amazing people in the DC area, I got to meet and make some of the greatest girlfriends I will ever have!! And that truly is a huge blessing!! I love you sisters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment