Monday, May 24, 2010

SLC

I've been to Salt Lake and Temple Square before, but it's always been rushed. So I went back and took my time... still didn't see I wanted to, but it was great nonetheless. And I got to do a session in the Salt Lake temple which was a first for me! I loved it. It's so beautiful there, and there really is a sweet spirit to be felt.

I enjoyed looking in the Visitors' Center, Conference Center, and Tabernacle, looking at the flowers, and talking with the sisters there. I actually met a sister whose brother served in my mission. (They are from France so it was easy to figure out they were related). And the lady who gave me a tour of the Conference Center was so cute and sweet!

While it was cold out and there were snow flurries, it was still lovely day. I should have gone up early so I could have seen more stuff....just means I'll have to go again some day!

Here are some of the pictures from that day:





beautiful Salt Lake Temple





I LOVE FLOWERS and these were all so beautiful! One of my favorite things about temple grounds is that they are always well maintained and the flowers are lovely!!

In ones of the Visitors' Centers there is a section on the humanitarian services and programs of the church. Some of the programs include providing clean water, vision care, neonatal resuscitation training, and wheelchair mobility--services provided to less fortunate countries. I would love to be a part of that work, and hope to be able to serve a humanitarian mission some day!

Also, I just love these quotes that were posted, and these concepts are what really make me excited to be going into social work!


So often people just need guidance and a push in the right direction. As people are empowered and gain more confidence, knowledge, and resources they will be able to better help themselves and find greater happiness in life!


As we serve we grow and gain a greater love for those around us! And to top it off, we can be the answer to someone's prayer! That's why we must always search for ways to serve and help other people, even in small ways! We are here to help one another and make a difference!

Christus statue

Conference Center

Assembly Hall

There's still so much more I want to see at Temple Square, so I'll have to plan that for my next trip! It's a beautiful place! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment