Thursday, May 13, 2010

St. George to Provo

I got to St. George in the evening, but thankfully it was still daylight enough to take some pictures. However, it was so cold and windy!! Sad that I went from hot AZ to cold UT!

The temple there is so beautiful though! I love the windows and architecture of the temple!




I went to the Visitors’ Center and looked around just a little bit… one of my best friends Liz (Sister Harwood) is serving her mission there but only worked until 3pm the day I got there. So I ended up going back the next day….and got to see Liz for the first time since January 2009!!! It was a special treat. Normally you’re not supposed to visit missionaries on their missions… but since I was passing through the town and was visiting….I stopped back by the Visitors’ Center to see her. It was wonderful!! We talked for a good little while and she showed me around. Just like old times! Love her!


I went to the temple for a little while and then headed up to Cedar City to meet up with some girls from my mission. I loved getting to spend some time with them and catch up!

I was companions with Amy and roommates with Sarah and Kim!

Then I went the rest of the way to Provo. I had never seen the southern part of Utah before, and it was quite beautiful! I love all of the colors and the mountains etc.

this is for my dog Mona!

I finally made it to Provo and was soooo exited to see Audrey (sister Jack). LOVE HER.

Audrey graduated from BYU the weekend I got there, so her mom was in town for the graduation festivities. It was great to meet her! We had a good time visiting, shopping, and eating a ton!

** so I have more pictures to upload but it isn't working right now. I'll add more later!

3 comments:

  1. LIZ!!! That's so cool that you got to see her. I was at the visitor's center (in SL) one time and there was this huge family in my 'group'. The Sister explaining things to us seemed a bit embarrassed and I thought it rude that the family was snickering a bit during her presentation. Turns out it was HER FAMILY. They had surprised her by coming to the visitor center. They were there to attend conference and dropped by the VC on the day their daughter was serving there. Apparently the entire thing was unplanned (sure) but it was fun to be there. Glad you got to see Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got to see Liz!! I need to write her...I'm such a bad friend! Looks like you had fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, it was great to see her!!! I can't believe she comes home in July!

    Charlotte, that's funny!

    ReplyDelete