Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 2 and 3: TX to AZ

So I've been really bad at keeping this blog up to date... :( And it this point it's hard to remember stuff!

Day 2 of my trek across the country mainly consisted of driving through Texas!

once again not a very good pic

That state is entirely too big!!! On the way back I'm going a different way because it really starts to get old! And the place where I ended up staying had the doors on the outside, so it guess it was a motel, which I don't like... and it was near a train track! ugh! With using Priceline.com you are taking a chance and never really know what you'll end up with! but I was so tired that I don't think it phased me too much.

Thanks to the motel's continental breakfast I was able to have a Texas shaped waffle for breakfast! I was so excited...! not to mention that my allergies were really starting to die down the more I headed west. I was so happy for it to be my third and final day of driving for a while!!!

So one of the neatest things about driving through Texas was seeing all of the wind mills/turbines and the oil drilling rigs or whatever they are called. There are tons... so many more than I've ever seen.



I still had a good ways to go in Texas even on the third day. I was excited to see an 80 mph Speed Limit sign though!! I'd never seen one before!



getting closer to New Mexico


New Mexico says it's the "Land of Enchantment." Well, it was pretty boring as far as I could tell.... I think other parts of the state might be pretty, but not along I20! It's neat to see how the landscape changes and all, but it's way too much brown!



And I was driving super close to the Mexican border but couldn't really tell what was what. I did see two border patrol vehicles and after I got in to New Mexico I had to stop at an inspection stop point... interesting... I was kind of nervous, lol. I probably wasn't supposed to take this picture, oh well!


Nothing too exciting happened while driving the last day... although at one point I was passing by one of the big 18 wheelers and the man honked at me. So I thought maybe he was trying to get my attention or I was going too fast or something. I looked in the rearview mirror and he was just a grinnin' and waivin'! Why do people do that?!?! Creepy!!! so I stepped on it, lol!

And then FINALLY I made it in to AZ!!

Although I still had about 3 more hours until my aunt's house, I was sooo excited to be that much closer. The landscape around there was pretty neat as well... but I think my battery was dying and also my windshield was so dirty it was hard to take good pics!


I ended up getting in to town around 7pm or so. I met up with Heidi and Kyleigh, two of the girls from my mission, and we had a great time catching up! Sad we didn't take a picture that night but I have more from Heidi's wedding. I am sooo grateful for my mission and the wonderful friends I made during that time. Even though we don't see each other very often, we are always able to pick right up and continue as if we had been together all along.

I got to my aunt's house around 10 that night and was so happy to be there and see them!! More to come on that visit!

2 comments:

  1. nice photos. and nice waffle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stars at night (clap)
    Are big and bright(clap, clap, clap, clap)
    Deep in the heeeeeeeeeeart of Texas!

    Nice waffle. I can honestly say I've never had a Texas shaped waffle. I think I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete