Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Arizona!!

It was a lot of fun to visit my family in Arizona! I hadn't seen them in three years, and I got to meet a new cousin, Joey, who was born while I was on my mission! Thanks so much Lora and Judson for letting me stay with y'all!

So, only my 13 year old cousin, Sydney, remembered who I was! Sad! I stayed with them right before I went to the MTC... Nicholas was 6 then, Audrey 3, and Becca 2... so they didn't remember me at all! But they warmed up to me!

I was staying in Becca and Audrey's room, so on the first morning Audrey came in and just stared at me. Then gave me a hug, lol. I asked her if she knew who I was or knew my name and she said no! lol. Then I asked her how old she thought I was. She said 19... no, then said 32? Haha, it was too cute.

We never did take a group picture, but luckily I'm stopping there on my way back so we can take some. I did get pics of four out of the five kids though... somehow I missed getting Sydney! Here are some of the things we did:
  • went to soccer practices, games, and parties. It was lots of fun to see them play!
  • Lora and I talked and talked and talked which was great! I love her!
  • We had lovely dinners sitting outside on the patio.
  • Fun dinner at a Chinese restaurant
  • and of course there were kids yelling and screaming all the while, haha.
  • Church in a huge family ward with tons of kids....hard to pay attention!
  • So I'm not really used to being around a bunch of kids. So on the way home from church Lora made me drive the van with all 5 kids inside. it was so funny because they were a little scared to ride with me!
  • Discussions about where I should go to school!! thanks for y'all's help and encouragement
I guess I did sneak off to my room here and there to read my book and escape the noise, but overall I had a lot of fun visiting with them!!

The 12 or so pizzas we had for one of the parties!

Becca, Audrey, and Joey

Nick playing soccer!

Lora didn't know we were taking a picture!

Audrey and Becca's soccer game with Judson coaching.


Gotta love the AZ sunset. I have better pics from a few years ago though!

I also went and did a session at the Mesa Temple which was wonderful!




And after that Heidi, one of my mission roommates, was married! I was so glad to be there for the sealing, luncheon, and reception! Sis Nelson (Kyleigh) was also there with her husband. It was a great day!

the newlyweds Heidi and Austin Christensen!




Sis Nelson and her new husband James, they are so cute too!

Love her!

Love her too!

I'm excited to go back and spend another day or two in AZ on the way home because I do love it there!!!

1 comment: